We recognise that it is an important decision for parents to send their children away for a two-week summer course to Oxford. This is a responsibility we take very seriously. Here we provide additional information to address any concerns parents may have for the welfare of their children. We are happy to discuss any further concerns about accommodation parents may require to Oxford.
Having years of experience running summer courses, we have observed young students beginning the programme with much trepidation and anxiety, but leaving Oxford having had one of the most enriching and memorable experiences of their lives. Their time at Oxford, in its charming alleys and historic colleges, learning about astounding new topics and meeting people from across the world, introduces them to a new sense of wonder and inspires them to pursue the highest levels of knowledge and education. They get the chance to interact with some of the brightest faculty at Oxford and seize the rare opportunity to experience what it is like to be at one of the oldest centres of learning in the world. No student has left our programme unhappy with their decision to partake in it.
We ensure the health and safety of our students and have a stringent plan in place to make their experience smooth and enjoyable.
1) Students are accompanied at all times by experienced staff members and residential mentors (deans) to all programme activities. The deans also reside on-site at the students’ accommodation halls.
2) A member of staff is available at all times to answer any queries from parents.
3) A 24-hour hotline is available for parents to contact students at any time.
4) All premises at the College are fully secure with monitored entry and exit, CCTV cameras, and fire and safety alarms.
5) All premises are fully covered with comprehensive insurance.
6) First aid is available at all times and during all activities organised by the Institute.
7) Risk assessment is performed for every activity undertaken by the Institute and plans made to mitigate and minimise all risks.
Oxford is one of the safest towns in the UK. It has a very high literacy rate, is very multicultural and is visited by millions of tourists every year. The academic environment and the thousands of years old tradition of learning gives the town a serene atmosphere. Being home to students year-round, the staff at colleges are very friendly and welcoming and always ready to help.